Cornish College Winter Sleepout 2019
The Cornish College school motto is Make A Difference.
Cornish students and staff will again support homeless people this winter.
Students from Years 6 to Year 12 will decorate a large box to sleep in for the night and eat a basic dinner at school - to make a difference for homeless people without shelter.
This is the 9th year Cornish College has proudly supported national charity Backpack Bed for Homeless and the Backpack Beds they provide to homeless people across Australia.
Thank you for supporting us to continue to Make A Difference in our community.
Raised so far
Backpack Bed for Homeless
Backpack Beds are distributed to homeless people without shelter in partnership with over 650 homeless agencies across Australia.
- Waterproof & fire retardant fabric
- Mosquito mesh ventilation
- Built-in 190cm insulated comfort mattress
- Tape sealed main seams
- Full body zipped sleeping area
- Backpack with padded adjustable straps
- 3 x built-in storage pockets
- Lockable internal pocket (+ lock)
- 2 x caribiner clips (clip on extra belongings)
- Ultra lightweight street tough - ONLY 3.1kg
- Awarded an Australian Human Rights Award by the Australian Human Rights Commission