Cornish College Winter Sleepout 2020
In order to raise awareness of this important issue and fundraise, students in Years 6 to 12 are invited to participate in the Winter Sleepout at Cornish College overnight on Friday 28th August.
The night itself involves a variety of activities including guest speakers, peer led discussions, dodge ball, a camp fire and a night walk. Students sleep outside in carboard boxes, to gain an understanding of the challenges faced by people experiencing homelessness. More information will be forwarded to participating students.
This is the 9th year Cornish College has proudly supported national charity Backpack Bed for Homeless and the Backpack Beds they provide to homeless people across Australia.
Thank you for supporting us to continue to Make A Difference in our community.
Raised so far
Backpack Bed for Homeless
Backpack Beds are distributed to homeless people without shelter in partnership with over 750 homeless agencies across Australia.
- Waterproof & fire retardant fabric
- Mosquito mesh ventilation
- Built-in 190cm insulated comfort mattress
- Tape sealed main seams
- Full body zipped sleeping area
- Backpack with padded adjustable straps
- 3 x built-in storage pockets
- Lockable internal pocket (+ lock)
- 2 x caribiner clips (clip on extra belongings)
- Ultra lightweight street tough - ONLY 3.1kg
- Awarded an Australian Human Rights Award by the Australian Human Rights Commission